POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Pov-Ray Windows plotting code : Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code Server Time
17 May 2024 00:55:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code
From: David H  Burns
Date: 9 Jul 2009 08:47:20
Message: <4a55e6d8$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>> towards the .NET framework.
>
> We have three! And every one is a pretty completely different conceptual
> framework from the one before!  Isn't progress wonderful? :-)

C. S. Lewis has compared "progress" to a good egg becoming rotten.
Not all change and increase in complexity are good.

  I wouldn't count learning .NET graphics as a long term investment, altho
> the general concepts (nested widgets, layouts, event dispatch, etc) are
> similar amongst many graphical toolkits.

I bought VB.Net and how to books(the first edition ?). I did figure out how
  to display an image and maybe how to print "Hi there", but didn't really
have the time and interest to learn its peculiarities.

I don't understand current programming strategies -- I may have never
understood programming strategies. In the long run, it's probably better to
  understand the programming, but there are many short terms goals that
don't require that.