POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Pov-Ray Windows plotting code : Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code Server Time
17 May 2024 02:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code
From: David H  Burns
Date: 8 Jul 2009 22:17:49
Message: <4a55534d@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> David H. Burns wrote:
>> If one wants to do any programming for Windows, one must learn the
>> Windows API.
>
> This is untrue. There are many portable systems layered on top of
> Windows that keep you from having to learn anything about the Windows
> API as such. Heck, even .NET insulates you 99% from having to know
> anything about Windows as such.

Yes, I'm using far too many generalities. Certainly Microsoft products keep
one from having to deal directly with "Windows as such" and I have seen
pretty slick plots done using Python and the appropriate tools. What does
  the Pov-Ray code do in this regard and in what sections of code was
kind of my original question which no one seems to have addressed. But,
  at this point, I don't think it would help me much to know.

David