POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Pov-Ray Windows plotting code : Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code Server Time
5 May 2024 05:02:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code
From: David H  Burns
Date: 8 Jul 2009 21:17:25
Message: <4a554525$1@news.povray.org>
> Noone forces you to love Microsoft but I can't help wonder
> why you're using Windows in the first place ;)

Stupidity, sheer stupidity! Though economics and the reluctance to abandon
what I'm used to enters into it. I almost bought a Mac instead of the PC I
bought recently. I've kicked myself ever since.

But many are forced to use Windows. At work, one has to use what
one's employer will provide.

But I have learned some things lately. If one wants to do any
programming for
Windows, one must learn the Windows API. To many things, such as
memory management, are involved. I had a vastly overly simplistic view
  of the situation. I wonder how Linux does things, but I'm afraid
learning it
at this point is not a live option.

David