POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Voting - minor bug? : Re: Voting - minor bug? Server Time
3 May 2024 01:04:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voting - minor bug?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 6 Jul 2009 14:54:29
Message: <4a524865$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:
> On Friday, I started to vote for the Test Round but a server crash (?)
> stopped me from completing. Today I logged in again to complete my vote
> and was surprised to see a comment entered for the first image displayed
> that was not the comment that I had entered previously. The following
> images did not display that glitch.
> Was it a product of the server crash or is it a more general bug visible
> to others?
>
> John

Just out of curiousity, when voting, when does the update to the
datatbase happen? Is it for each entry on the 'next' or 'previous'
click?  On any other events? Close?  Also it seems order of events can
matter.  If I add a comment, then readjust my scoring, I get a new page
with the new scoring, but the comments are lost.  Or is that on my side?
  A browser setting or something?

-Jim