POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MyMaglev: C++ automation (almost) finished : Re: MyMaglev: C++ automation (almost) finished Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MyMaglev: C++ automation (almost) finished
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 6 Jul 2009 05:13:57
Message: <4a51c055$1@news.povray.org>
High!

> No, the whole track profile is a lathe object! When I removed the ground
> plane with the cutout, the black squares disappeared, but another
> strange effect showed up (see attached images). In the oblique view it
> looks as the side parts of the track profile extend much further than
> its bottom, although the overhead view shows that this is not the
> case... strange!

Obviously it is because the profile contains a hollow shaped like an
upside-down "T" (which was intended!), so that the vertical side parts
do not connect with the ground immediately.

The black squares disappeared when I corrected my original precaution
against coincident surfaces problems: in the cutout definition, I
originally rotated the subtracting box 0.0001 degrees more than given in
the angle parameter from the segment definition file, but forgot that in
case of a left turn this tiny amount must be subtracted from the
original value rather than added!

     object
     {
       Bend_Subtraction_Block