POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser Character WIP : Re: Poser Character WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser Character WIP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Jul 2009 04:03:18
Message: <4a4b1846$1@news.povray.org>
"Rich" <ri.### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht
> ChrisH wrote:
>> The character is from Poser 6.0 and rendered in POVRAY using Poseray 3.12
>> convert the obj and texture files from Poser to POVRAY. Please ignore the
>> clothes, I wanted a PG rated image :)
>
> Hair is the reason I've steered away from Poser figures in POV, haven't
> tried it for a while now.  But that looks good here.  Koz's ponytail is
> what it might be?
>
> (Just me, but I don't like Jessie, "Harriet Harda$$" is what she brings to
> mind.)

Always work on the textures, especially Kozaburo's hair, and add/change the
hues, as the baked in highlights will always look artificial. Look at the
ponytail in ChrisH's image. The hues are not right imo. In between Poser and
POV-Ray there is much to tweak before things look right.

Jessie is indeed not the most attractive character, but you can always
change/morph her in the face room for instance  :-)

Thomas