POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Login problems : Re: Login problems Server Time
5 May 2024 09:50:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Login problems
From: Doctor John
Date: 27 Jun 2009 07:01:21
Message: <4a45fc01@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> So, you accusing everyone of "boycotting", who is turning his back on the IRTC
> due to some disappointment, is much better. Right. Sensible and rational, too.
>
> I see two fundamental flaws in the re-starting of the IRTC:
>
> (1) Failure to define the rules beforehand.
>
> (2) Failure to do a sufficient amount of "friendly user" testing beforehand.
>
> People get excited, shouting "hooray, the IRTC is back" - only to discover that
> it is still in some kind of early beta stage. With the documentation not only
> requiring yet to be written, but also still to be specified.
>
> You're suprised some people show disappointment?

Thankyou for seeing my point. As you say, I was showing disappointment
not anger.
My real gripe was that official competitions are supposed to start in
July and the site is nowhere near ready. The image that this will convey
to the rest of the CGI community is not good.

BTW Warp, I'm aware that the whole POV community is run by volunteers
but I'm still entitled to be annoyed if I'm told something is fixed then
turns out not to be.

John
--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei