POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Minimum Entry Requirements : Re: Minimum Entry Requirements Server Time
17 May 2024 04:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimum Entry Requirements
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 19 Jun 2009 18:58:21
Message: <4a3c180d$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Hmm... what if that particular raytracer had an integrated modeller??

If it's by design an environment which requires you to model
interactively the tool might not qualify for "purist" entries.

> And what would stop me from modelling a mesh in Wings3D, exporting it,
> reformating it, and claiming that I'd hacked That Mesh2 Code up myself? Who the
> * could tell (or rather, prove)?

well ... not exactly prove ... but try submitting an include file
with a 20,000 vertex mesh as "purist" claiming it's handwritten and
see how voters take to it ;)

Actually, I wouldn't be worried about cheating in the "purist"
category anyway. It's too restricted to plausibly cheat in such a
scope that you have a chance of winning the overall competition, and
winning must be very important to someone who considers cheating.