POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : The Rules : Re: The Rules Server Time
31 May 2024 21:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Rules
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Jun 2009 12:22:20
Message: <4a33d23c$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:11:57 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> It is the Technical rating that gets to me. Being a Pover, albeit I use
> a modeller. I feel that I can score Pov scenes on Technical but how can
> I rate something that uses software I don't know about?
>
> Also a technically simple scene can look great so concept is important
> too.

I would concur.

Maybe the way to approach it is to use three different scores that are
weighted differently (OK, I'm stealing an idea from the scoring
methodology for Iron Chef America here).

In ICA, they use three scores - taste, plating, and originality.  Taste
is weighted 10 points, the other two are 5 points each.

With IRTC, it seems to me that the three categories might be something
like "concept", "technical", and perhaps "realization" - the last one
being how well the concept + technical is realized in the final image.
The first two could be weighted to be of lower importance (but important
to the overall end result) and the last one is the "taste" (if you will)
- how well the concept and technical components come together.

Jim