POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : The Rules : Re: The Rules Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:01:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Rules
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Jun 2009 15:15:26
Message: <4a30064e$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:38:06 -0400, Michael Hunter wrote:

> I’d like to urge the IRTC to be as open minded as possible to any
> animation or image that is 3D regardless of how it was assembled so the
> conversation can be about that methodology and new techniques that have
> yet to be invented.

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I seem to remember that IRTC wasn't
so much about POV-Ray but rather was about Ray Tracing.  I believe that's
the reason why the competition isn't called the "Internet POV-Ray
Competition", but rather the "Internet Ray Tracing Competition".

It just happened that POV-Ray was one of the best tools available, so
submissions tended to use it.

Jim