POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Copying isn't theft : Re: Copying isn't theft Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copying isn't theft
From: Darren New
Date: 15 May 2009 12:19:20
Message: <4a0d9608$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> No, I'm the OP, and I grabbed dictionary definitions.  However, common
> definitions and legal definitions often differ[1].  Hence my request to
> hear the legal definition.

The definitions you posted substantially match the legal definitions I
learned in school before the whole DMCA/Sony Bono act, etc.  IANAL.

There has to be property, someone has to convert it without the owner's
permission and with intent not to return it.

There are plenty of free legal dictionaries online, too.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)