POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amalthea, now with brightness 1 and assumed_gamma 1.5 : Re: Amalthea, now with brightness 1 and assumed_gamma 1.5 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amalthea, now with brightness 1 and assumed_gamma 1.5
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 12 May 2009 06:58:37
Message: <4a09565d$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Something's still not right. Shadows too sharp? Surface too smooth? Texture
> too basic?

Yes, the texture is only provisional... later on, I will add some
small-scale normal bumps, also a more differenced pigment - Amalthea's
leading side is 1.3 times brighter than the trailing side, also the
slopes of a large crater near the south pole are substantially brighter,
while other crater slopes show patches of greenish soil.

But currently, I'm just working on the very first pass of PoVSolar (call
it version 0.1), after having finished all bodies of the Jovian system
(63 moons!), I'll turn for some weeks to my other project, the Personal
Cabin Railroad System, then onward to Flags.inc, finally back to
PoVSolar - Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and some of the larger Kuiper and
Inner Belt asteroids!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: So gut wie du (Inga Rumpf)