POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Corinthian first cut at texture [133 kb] : Re: Corinthian first cut at texture [133 kb] Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Corinthian first cut at texture [133 kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 11 May 2009 18:48:01
Message: <4a08ab21@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> I really like your Corinthian Column top very much!
>
> Would it be okay with you to e-mail me the source code? i really want to use
> your artwork in some of my scenes (I am in classical architecture scenes).
> Thanks!
>
> 3D Artists Wanted!
> http://Evolutions.Jamaica-Focus.com
> Evolutions!  - The Game

Sure I'll try to sort out something for you. Understand that to me it
seems very much a WIP. I'll say more when I know more, but at this point
it would probably involve zipping up either the 'smoothed' meshes
(large) or the unsmoothed meshes (smaller) together with the specific
SDL for combining them.  The use of the slope texture is integrated with
the SDL but is not giving a particularily great result so far.  So as
long as you are willing to take it for what it is...