POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Writing Corner [WIP] (68KB) : Re: Writing Corner [WIP] (68KB) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Writing Corner [WIP] (68KB)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 May 2009 03:17:47
Message: <4a07d11b$1@news.povray.org>
"Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> schreef in bericht
> On old typewriters, the carriage return was often on the left.

'often'?! I would say 'always', as you have to push the carriage from the
end of the line (right side) to the start of a new line (left side) - at
least in western languages  :-)

Now, it is true that the truly ancient typewriters had quixotic ways of
functioning, but at the time of the pictured one, I believe all carriage
returns were left-handed.

Thomas