POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Local Affairs : Re: Local Affairs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Local Affairs
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 8 May 2009 13:36:17
Message: <4a046d91$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

> Actually that would break so many laws of physics that it hurts.

only if you think of it as rotating the universe, and not
as rotating a 3d map of the universe, as I understood it ;)

Also, this view is *not* a snapshot of the universe at any given
time, as the galaxies at the center are current and the galaxies
at the border are seen as they were *two billion years* ago.

I toyed with the idea of compensating at least for the expansion
of the universe but it doesn't really make sense because that also
doesn't show you how the universe looks now with all their proper
motion, interaction, starforming and whatever.