POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amalthea, lit by Jupitershine : Re: Amalthea, lit by Jupitershine Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amalthea, lit by Jupitershine
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 7 May 2009 08:28:25
Message: <4a02d3e9@news.povray.org>
High!

Rarius wrote:

> In all the years I've been an astronomer (25+), I have never heard it called
> a parallactic mount.

Here in Germanistan ;-) we call it "parallaktische Montierung"...

> I had to Google the term. I have always heard it
> described as an Equatorial mount. I have a 10in Orion Optics newtonian
> reflector myself on a large wooden fork mount.

Fork mount? Is it a Dobsonian? Nevertheless, 10 inch would be large
enough to resolve Neptune as a disc - I just hope you also have the
appropriate sky at your location! Big city astronomy wouldn't be much
fun with such a large aperture, with all that scattered artificial light...

> BTW I had done some of this kind of POV work before. I have a topographic
> model of Mars if you'd like it.

What resolution?

See you on www.khyberspace.de!

Yadgar

Now playing: Shadow On The Wall (Mike Oldfield)