POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amalthea, lit by Jupitershine : Amalthea, lit by Jupitershine Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Amalthea, lit by Jupitershine
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 6 May 2009 05:15:41
Message: <4a01553d@news.povray.org>
High!

As I plan to launch an animation of the small Jovian moon Amalthea soon,
I introduced radiosity in PoVSolar... but I think there's still much to
improve!

Current radiosity settings are:

       brightness 3.2
       always_sample off
       error_bound 1.5
       count 100

If I lower error_bound too much (e. g. to 1.0 or even lower), I get
Amalthea's portions which are closest to Jupiter glowing in an
unrealistic red, surrounded by olive-green hues...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: I've Been Losing You, Dub Version (a-ha)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2009-05-06 amalthea, take 1.jpg' (11 KB)

Preview of image '2009-05-06 amalthea, take 1.jpg'
2009-05-06 amalthea, take 1.jpg