POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shadow Play : Re: Shadow Play Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow Play
From: Mike Williams
Date: 21 Oct 2001 08:19:57
Message: <4J+VfCAv0r07EwCa@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Batronyx who wrote:

>I was experimenting and came up with this. Anyone care to guess how it was done?
>Since there are a number of ways it _could_ have been done I will say it has
>nothing to do with light groups.

It's pretty obvious that it's not done with light_groups because then
the green sphere would have been lit from the opposite side from its
shadow.

I reckon the green sphere is no_shadow, and there's a no_image sphere in
the scene casting the extra shadow from the other end.

(The object casting the extra shadow doesn't appear to be off screen
because then the width of the penumbra would have been wider because the
extra object would be closer to the area_light.)

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure