POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arg!! : Re: Arg!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arg!!
From: andrel
Date: 25 Apr 2012 09:51:10
Message: <4F98014E.2010007@gmail.com>
On 24-4-2012 7:23, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> On 4/23/2012 10:18 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 23/04/2012 6:09 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>>> Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Still a lot of shit on the old
>>> machine I use every day, since its not transferred to the new machine
>>> yet. :(
>>
>> Can you physically remove the HDD from your old m/c and connect it to
>> the new one via a usb adaptor?
>> If so, easy peasy.
>>
> May have to. The problem is, this was the boot drive, so since you can't
> read the registry, that I know of, unless its in plain text, what little
> I "could" get from the drive isn't much.

There is a copy of the registry somewhere. So you can reinstall that
even if the current one is corruct.
At least my brother has done that for me once and apparently regularly
doing it for other people as well.

--
tip: do not run in an unknown place when it is too dark to see the
floor, unless you prefer to not use uppercase.