POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet your maker : Re: Meet your maker Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet your maker
From: andrel
Date: 15 Apr 2012 04:45:03
Message: <4F8A8A8E.7000400@gmail.com>
On 14-4-2012 12:16, Warp wrote:
> andrel<byt### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>>>
>>>     I prefer this:
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:LamborghiniAventadorJ.jpg
>>>
>> OMG, what a horrible ugly car. My first guess that this was a spoof made
>> by some 3D artist, but it actually is referred to on some page that
>> seems genuinely about Lamborghini.
>> Are there seriously people with enough money and no taste at all that
>> might want to buy something this ugly?
>
>    Do I sense some underlying jealousy?

No, not at all. I just don't buy the "it is expensive and everybody says
it is beautiful, so let me drool with the 'experts'" kind of attitude.
I think Lamborghini has made a few nice cars in the past, but this
Aventador is not one of those. Like all 'supercars' it is an experiment
in design and this particular experiment failed. I find it rather
disturbing that it made it into production and people are buying it
simply because of the name of the company.

--
tip: do not run in an unknown place when it is too dark to see the
floor, unless you prefer to not use uppercase.