POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What do we need The Onion for anymore? : Re: What do we need The Onion for anymore? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What do we need The Onion for anymore?
From: andrel
Date: 3 Apr 2012 13:07:02
Message: <4F7B2E37.2030402@gmail.com>

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/26/war-on-words-nyc-dept-of-education-wants-50-forbidden-words-removed-from-standardized-tests/

>    The scary thing? It's not on The Onion. It's real.
>
>    The Onion can stop doing satirical spoofs. They could become an accurate
> news source, and not much would change.
>
>    Every time I think my faith in humanity is gone, the stupidity of the
> world somehow succeeds in surpassing itself.

Let's be a bit more realistic about that. It is not that these words
will be forbidden in any publication in NY.

What apparently is the case in this article is that someone pointed out
that if you want to test e.g. comprehensive reading the subject of the
test my matter.
If you have a text where cancer plays a role and the person that is
tested just lost a close relative to this disease, it is quite likely
that this person will perform below their capacities. Hence in this case
the test is not only measuring what it should.
A similar case can be made for some of the other words.

--
tip: do not run in an unknown place when it is too dark to see the
floor, unless you prefer to not use uppercase.