POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: andrel
Date: 1 Feb 2012 13:25:45
Message: <4F2983AC.3090008@gmail.com>
On 1-2-2012 17:45, Invisible wrote:

>> Of course, you can also decide that it's not worth it to learn about
>> these things and simply shrug it off, but don't complain that you can't
>> get jobs outside of the little hole you dug yourself into.
>
> I didn't say it's not possible to get a job, I said it's not possible to
> get insight without getting a job.

This was a more general remark. We know that you are in a job where you
are not happy and that is probably below your capacities. At the same
time you repeatedly show that you are not interested in a wider view on
the field you work in. In this field you have to read a number of
different sources to get a feeling for what direction the industry is
taking (or if you are realy good: what direction it will be taking in a
couple of years). If you don't develop yourself there is no way you will
ever get a job elsewhere and it is quite likely that you loose the one
you have as soon as a competent manager enters. I know it is unlikely,
but such persons do exist, although few and far between, so you still
have a chance.

In short you have to choose: complain about your job or complain about
all sorts of technologies that you were not aware of, but you can not do
both.

--
tip: do not run in an unknown place when it is too dark to see the
floor, unless you prefer to not use uppercase.