POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I give up rendering... : Re: I give up rendering... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I give up rendering...
From: andrel
Date: 27 Jan 2012 18:06:37
Message: <4F232E00.30401@gmail.com>
On 27-1-2012 16:19, nemesis wrote:

>>> I meant that it's CUDA-based.  Should work.
>>
>> I believe the 200 series is supposed to be the first release to support
>> CUDA.
>
> I don't think so.  It also works on older ones, but without many cores, the
> speed improvements are kinda negligible.
>
>> Having said that, I have repeatedly tried to make CUDA-enabled
>> applications work, with no success. Perhaps it will work under Windows
>> 7, but it never worked with Windows XP...
>>
>>> You can find blender builds with Cycles here:
>>
>> Isn't it in the main build yet?

It should be from 2.60 on, latest release is 2.61.
I haven't tried it, I only use it as a modeller. Building models that
never see the light of day.
BTW it also now includes a camera tracker. You can include your own
footage, let the software decide what are nice points to track or give a
number yourself. After that you can include your own models in the
footage. Remember Rune's floating sphere projector
(http://runevision.com/3d/anims/hologram.asp#video)? That, but now
accessible to any 5 year old.

--
tip: do not run in an unknown place when it is too dark to see the
floor, unless you prefer to not use uppercase.