POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A plot idea : Re: A plot idea Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A plot idea
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Dec 2011 12:11:49
Message: <4EDBA9D3.5@san.rr.com>
On 12/4/2011 5:03, Warp wrote:
>    Only a very vague resemblance.

That's a good thing. The closest similar story has only the vaguest
relation. :-)

Me, I think that's a brilliant idea for a story.  You should at least write
it up as an outline.  You'd also need to decide how to end the story, as all
you really have is the environment.

I've found that I often come up with ideas for stories that are really
nothing more than environments for stories to happen in.

>    No, the crimes didn't go unsolved. The idea (spoiler alert) was to
> mask a new crime as the same as a previous crime, so that it would be
> dismissed. (The precogs were established to sometimes have memories of
> the same crimes they had predicted in the past, and thus give a false
> positive.)

Plus, the movie was virtually nothing like the story itself.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)