POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The police in the United States : Re: The police in the United States Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The police in the United States
From: andrel
Date: 20 Nov 2011 04:20:02
Message: <4EC8C641.1040108@gmail.com>
On 19-11-2011 7:38, Darren New wrote:

> FWIW, I think what you're seeing with the cops now has much longer been
> the case with prison guards and such. I don't think anyone ever
> considered prison guards to be kind and caring to those in their
> institutions.

Is privatization also a piece of the puzzle?
AFAIK some/many/all(?) prisons a run by private companies. The US also
privatized part of the military operation in Iraq, which also did not
contribute to the ethical behaviour of 'soldiers'.
Are parts of the US police tasks also privatized nowadays?

--
Give me one example of a true random counter