POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hire car : Re: Hire car Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hire car
From: andrel
Date: 6 Nov 2011 10:11:11
Message: <4EB6A38F.6060604@gmail.com>
On 2-11-2011 15:55, Invisible wrote:

>>> Fortunately, such stupidity hasn't yet reached this country...
>>
>> Why would it be stupid?
>
> Let me put it another way: We could insist that all persons ear crash
> helmets at all times. That way, if a building collapses on you, you're
> already wearing a crash helmet. Or if you've outside and somebody drops
> something, you're already protected. Or if a car hits you, the helmet is
> going to lessen the injuries to your skull. (Shame about the rest of you.)
>
> Fortunately, nobody thinks this is a good idea. Whilst it does decrease
> your risk of injury, that risk is utterly tiny to start with. And a
> crash helmet doesn't even remove that risk, only reduce it a bit.
>
> Unfortunately, apparently somebody does think that having your lights
> permanently hard-wired in the on-position is a good idea. You may argue
> that there's no "harm" to doing this, so why not? Which is true, but you
> still look as much of a fool as a guy wandering around town wearing a
> crash helmet...

I don't want to interfere in this utterly relevant discussion. It just
crossed my mind that when I was in Seoul (or was it Hong Kong?) all cars
had a mirror on the back window to see what was on the ground just
behind the car (apparently that is called a 'rear under view mirror').
Some were nicely integrated, some were obviously added later. I can only
assume the law was recently chanced there.

--
Tools shape the way you think and solve problems. Using POV will improve
your modelling even when using other programs.