POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A rare moment : Re: A rare moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A rare moment
From: andrel
Date: 24 Sep 2011 08:37:37
Message: <4E7DCF0E.1000405@gmail.com>
On 24-9-2011 11:10, andrel wrote:

> It is also my experience that people who think of themselves as
> competitive are a disaster in any organization. Not the least by forcing
> more cooperative people out. It is in my opinion one of the main reasons
> there are not so many women in top positions. They, rightly, prefer a
> good working environment over one where people break their promises and
> tell you afterwards that it was just a game. Implying that you are not a
> good sport, even childish, if you complain about it. So I will speak out
> if someone is trying to pass on competitiveness as being part of being
> human.

I knew I was looking for a metaphor here. I had the image, but could not
name the concept. Funny how a mind works.
It is this: competitive people are the tumors of society. They grow by
extracting nutrients from others and, if not treated, will kill the
organisation they grow in.

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.