POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curious perversions of IT : Re: Curious perversions of IT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curious perversions of IT
From: andrel
Date: 25 Aug 2011 17:19:02
Message: <4E56BC48.2070200@gmail.com>
On 19-8-2011 15:21, Mike the Elder wrote:

> The REAL problem, as I see it, is the pig-headed unwillingness of so many
> corporate executives to employ people who actually KNOW whether $4,000.00
> software or $4,000,000.00 software is needed and allow them to make the purchase
> decisions.

This is mainly based on the idea that management is a skill in itself. A
manager of a workshop does not need to know anything about designing or
making things. Likewise, a manager of a hospital does not need to know
anything about medicine or patient care. Knowing management skills is
enough. Actually knowing what the people are doing will make it
impossible to judge objectively who is necessary and who can be fired.

Therefore the suggestion that you should be able to judge an IT contract
is an insult to management. Worse, people might use that to question the
level of salaries paid.