POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Memories : Re: Memories Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memories
From: andrel
Date: 24 Aug 2011 16:39:30
Message: <4E556182.6040104@gmail.com>
On 24-8-2011 21:51, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:21:45 +0200, andrel wrote:
>
>> Aside: my main surprise in this was that the students from CS simply
>> accepted this level of teaching, many did not even notice.
>
> That was something that surprised me as well - but then again, when I
> took my Assembly class, I had programmed in something like 15 different
> languages - more than anyone else in the class - and had been programming
> (even was paid to write code) since I was about 10.
>
> So many CS students need that level of teaching, because they have
> (perhaps) math aptitude, but not (a lot of) hands-on experience writing
> code.

A low level would be acceptable for that reason. But a guy that writes a
straight line and axes on the blackboard with a formula that does not
match what he has drawn? Adding that there is a problem with either
horizontal or vertical lines, because something might become infinitive
and choosing the wrong one (matching neither his formula, nor his
graph)? Or the assistant at the practical part that does not know the
difference between a variable and a parameter?
Nobody needs that level of teaching.

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.