POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Software engineering : Re: Software engineering Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Software engineering
From: andrel
Date: 4 Aug 2011 10:48:20
Message: <4E3AB13C.2050503@gmail.com>
That is sort of the software engineer's view. You can describe DNA as if
it is a program, but that misses most of the details.
Sometimes I wish I was 18 again today, so I could absorb enough facts
about how cells and organisms work to help advance the field. I am now
too old to understand a large enough portion to have any significant
contribution :(

Yet, I still try to keep up with the field as much as I can, if only to
be able to understand the guys and gals further up the corridor.

I do know that if I had to create life I would have done it more logical
and maintainable. But, that would probably not have survived for more
than a few generations.