POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You what? : Re: You what? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You what?
From: andrel
Date: 12 Jul 2011 15:20:43
Message: <4E1C9E89.20105@gmail.com>
On 12-7-2011 10:09, Warp wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> No, see, you're thinking that the English language follows some kind of
>> *logic*.
>
>    The most logical aspect of English is the pronounciation.
>
>    For example, how do you pronounce the word "read"? Impossible to say all
> by itself. It depends on the context. (Or, more precisely, it depends on the
> tense of said verb, both present and past tenses being written identically
> but pronounced differently.)

How about 'leading', is that always pronounced the same? You might think
that is a leading question, but I always had a suspicion that in
typography it might be pronounced different because of a different,
heavy, origin.

... GIYF, yes that seems to confirm my suspicion.

There are brilliant poems and songs about consistent english
pronunciation, I am sure they have been pointed at before in p.o-t

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.