From: andrel
Date: 26 Apr 2011 13:19:48
Message: <4DB6FEB7.40401@gmail.com>
On 26-4-2011 0:50, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/25/2011 14:16, andrel wrote:
>>> That's weird to me.
>> Oh no, not again!
>
> I wasn't planning to discuss it further. I just wanted to be sure I had
> understood your objection was to a deity, rather than a particular deity
> interested in the doings of mankind.

It is not so much an objection. The point is that being an atheist has
become so much part of me over the years that a God in any form is not
compatible with being me. Or to put it more technically, we are mutual
exclusive. Either a God exists or me, not both at the same time.
Part of the discussion with Jim was also that I think this sort of
philosophical ideas creeping into your being is more common that you
might expect. If they do they, become undiscussable. You and me notice
that in religious people, but without really being aware of it, it might
happen to you too, and it probably has. That also implies that we are
less rational than we like to think.
Although our level of irrationality is nowhere near that of some
religious people. (But they might say the same)

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.