From: andrel
Date: 18 Apr 2011 18:43:42
Message: <4DACBEA4.4020204@gmail.com>
On 18-4-2011 10:10, Invisible wrote:
> On 15/04/2011 22:25, andrel wrote:
>
>> Oh no, that means that someone really believes that because the society
>> as a whole seems to have almost exactly the right amount of bakers,
>> plumbers and housewives that must imply that the society is designed by
>> a supreme being. And that the proof of that is that society is
>> irreducible complex because if you remove one group, the bakers or the
>> policeman, or the bus drivers, or... the whole thing stops working,
>> hence it cannot have been evolved.
>
> That's not gonna work. Society is composed of individuals with
> intelligence [allegedly].

The point is that to make it work someone has to understand it all and
design it to make it function. Even if you had been intelligent, you
would still not know how much wheat, oil and bakers you need and anyone
who does, does not know how an engine works. So even if there is local
knowledge you still need global knowledge to design a society.
(FYI I do not believe any of the above. I know society has evolved from
something simpler, but as it is now, so many earlier parts are missing
that it is hard to see how it came about. Starting with just the people
living in a country then no matter how intelligent they are, they will
not form a smoothly running society before most, if not all, died from
starvation.)

> Complex things can only come about due to
> intelligence, so if unintelligent chemical soup becomes living,
> breathing complexity, it must be my invisible friend's intelligence that
> made it so.

OMG, invisible has an invisible friend.

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.