From: andrel
Date: 15 Apr 2011 17:25:19
Message: <4DA8B7C3.5090406@gmail.com>
On 14-4-2011 0:09, Patrick Elliott wrote:

>>> I'm just gobsmacked.
>>
>> Ditto.
>>
>>> Be afraid be very, very afraid that there are people in the educated
>>> world that can ask those types of questions and those that will answer
>>> them.
>>
>> I honestly can't decide whether this is deadpan spoof or perfectly
>> serious.
>>
>> (Isn't there a law of the Internet about this effect?)
> Its called a Poe: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of
> humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that
> SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."
>
> A corollary to this is one, I am not sure its been named, which states
> that no such parody you can make will ever be unique, since there is
> bound to already be some Fundamentalist, some place, making the same
> exact same argument/statement on an existing website.

Oh no, that means that someone really believes that because the society
as a whole seems to have almost exactly the right amount of bakers,
plumbers and housewives that must imply that the society is designed by
a supreme being. And that the proof of that is that society is
irreducible complex because if you remove one group, the bakers or the
policeman, or the bus drivers, or...  the whole thing stops working,
hence it cannot have been evolved.

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.