From: andrel
Date: 13 Apr 2011 18:18:40
Message: <4DA62141.5090102@gmail.com>
On 12-4-2011 23:06, Warp wrote:
>    Following this from abroad, I don't know if this should be amusing or
> frightening...
>
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-bill-tennessee-progresses-006545

shouldn't be that difficult to implement
- there is no scientific controversy over 'biological evolution'
- nobody (at least no scientist) knows 'the chemical origins of life'
- 'human cloning' is a technique and not a theory
- 'global warming' is perhaps the only thing mentioned that comes close
to being a controversy in the scientific field.
If it would really lead to a debate in class on what is and what is not
good research I would welcome it. But I guess somebody is going to point
out that that is not the intention.

> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/intelligent-design-legislation-texas-006531
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/03/antievolution-legislation-florida-006524
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/02/antievolution-legislation-new-mexico-006469
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/second-antievolution-bill-oklahoma-006439
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-missouri-006421
> http://ncse.com/news/2011/01/antievolution-legislation-kentucky-006389

As far as I understand there are people trying to pass anti-science
legislation and failing to get it to pass through the committees.

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.