POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mars needs to get the heck out of the Uncanny Valley : Re: Mars needs to get the heck out of the Uncanny Valley Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mars needs to get the heck out of the Uncanny Valley
From: andrel
Date: 6 Apr 2011 16:32:09
Message: <4D9CCDC6.8010301@gmail.com>
On 6-4-2011 9:54, Invisible wrote:
> On 05/04/2011 11:41 PM, andrel wrote:
>> On 5-4-2011 14:09, Invisible wrote:
>>> You know, people said Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was "creepy"
>>> because the characters were "too real". Apparently I am the only human
>>> on Earth who didn't think so... For that matter, I've yet to see a big
>>> budget production that suffered from CGI that was "too real". Maybe I'm
>>> just weird.
>>
>> Do you have trouble judging from a face what emotion another person has?
>
> Not really, no.

I asked because it is not uncommon among nerds and other autistic
persons. Normally there is much more to go by (like context and
behaviour), so it is not an easily noticeable handicap. Just wondering
if there was a relation to the position and depth of the uncanny valley
for different persons.

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.