POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 01:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: andrel
Date: 13 Oct 2009 18:40:42
Message: <4AD501E9.1070708@hotmail.com>
On 13-10-2009 18:06, Darren New wrote:
> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>>     Elections don't quite fix that. Just because I elected certain
>> "good" people doesn't mean the system will change for the better. The
>> president can't just change everything if he wants to.
>
> Plus, the USA's legal system isn't like europe. We don't have a
> parliment where it makes sense to run a few people on one specific
> platform like the Pirate Party. You have to pick someone who has a whole
> mix of views (about which they are likely lying), and hope they agree
> with you more than they disagree, even if they get elected.

I'd rather vote for someone who has though about issues and is willing
to try to solve them than for someone who agrees with me.

> That's why
> the hot issues like abortion are *such* hot issues. They're very
> polarizing if someone whips up a big crowd of people to have an opinion
> stronger on that than anything else.

I think I was aware of that. I seem to remember that some time long ago
the Cheney gang was voted into office based on how they were expect to
vote on some ethical issues. As an outsider I have my doubts about how
ethically they actually were, but that may be just me.