POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 01:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: andrel
Date: 13 Oct 2009 17:53:51
Message: <4AD4F6EF.4050805@hotmail.com>
On 13-10-2009 17:43, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Finally last week someone, who was trying to negotiate compensation
>> for the victims in vain, basically asked for a bank run on tv.
>
> There ya go. Not only can you walk away, if you get enough people doing
> it, you can eliminate the entire problem bank. :-)
>
>> I am not sure if it helps their victims and some people find it rather
>> irresponsible to deliberately collapse a bank.
>
> It's really not that unusual. Odd for a *bank*, given that banks print
> their own money,

That is national banks, not regular.

> but lots of companies will go belly-up when their
> customers hear of nastiness perpetrated by the owners. Especially now in
> the days of internet.

Internet was not involved, apart from making it easy to transfer large
sums out of the bank rapidly.

I had not heard before of a bank, or other company for that matter, that
was liquidated by a group of costumers because the CEO/owner had caused
trouble for customers, was considered to be a hard learner, and could
not be replaced in any other way.

>> customers can collapse your bank and you are going to be held
>> responsible.
>
> Exactly.

There is this small problem of even more people gotten into trouble by
this bankruptcy than were there in the first place. That includes a
group of people for whom a solution was in the making. Now they are
again in a big mess. But you have to subtract all those that won't be in
trouble because this banker will probably never work again.
Investigations are starting now, so in a few years time we may have an
idea of what actually happened.