POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 03:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: andrel
Date: 13 Oct 2009 01:25:02
Message: <4AD40F2C.1090207@hotmail.com>
On 13-10-2009 1:45, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:

>> I trust my government more than the banks. Mainly because the banks
>> are after money while the government is trying to prevent people from
>> getting into trouble without them doing something wrong.
>
> I trust the banks more because I can walk away from the abusive bank.

On banks (may respond to the other things later):

We had an interesting thing going on this week. We have a bank that
deliberately sold product to people that they could not afford and in
some cases did not even ask for. Thing on the edge of what is legal but
definitely crossing the order of unethical. Many families got in trouble
by that. In an undutch way many lawsuits followed but were getting nowhere.
Finally last week someone, who was trying to negotiate compensation for
the victims in vain, basically asked for a bank run on tv. M€600 was
withdrawn from the bank and yesterday they had to enter the first stage
of bankruptcy and control was transferred to our national bank.

I am not sure if it helps their victims and some people find it rather
irresponsible to deliberately collapse a bank. In any case there is a
lesson to be learned here for arrogant and irresponsible bankers:
customers can collapse your bank and you are going to be held responsible.