POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all : Re: The most dangerous species of all Server Time
30 Sep 2024 01:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most dangerous species of all
From: Warp
Date: 2 May 2009 02:51:26
Message: <49fbed6d@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> >   I personally wouldn't say I absolutely abhor that type of thinking in
> > my case.

> I'd say that this kind of reasoning is untypical for law abiding, god
> fearing poor people. I would more associate this with rich people and
> desperados. But it is a reasonable position.

  I honestly can't see the connection between wealth and this kind of
thinking. On the contrary, most rich people are worried what is going to
happen to their wealth and their family after they die. That's why most
of them have very specific testaments.

> >   (I wonder which school of philosophy this most closely conforms to.
> > Maybe nihilism?)

> Something in me want to suggest neo-capitalism but that might result in
> a flamewar, so I won't. ;)

  For as long as I remember the word "capitalism" has had a negative
connotation to it. And I have lived in more than one different culture.

  When people say "capitalism" the only thing they think is the multinational
megacorporations abusing poor countries because of their cheap workforce.

  However, that's only a very small side-effect of what encompasses
capitalism. That's like saying that the western schooling system is
completely corrupt because there have been cases of school shootings.

  As far as I can see, capitalism seems to be the model of economy which
works the best, especially in countries where there's a rational government
controlling it. Common aspects of capitalistic countries include things
like freedom, human rights, social security and all kinds of public services.

  One thing which seems to be relatively common in non-capitalistic
countries is the lack of freedom of its people. It seems relatively common
that in non-capitalistic countries people are opressed and basically forced
to submit.

  Capitalism might not be perfect, but as far as I can see, from all the
possibilities it seems to work best.

--
                                                          - Warp