POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TOY ROBOT (Lilliput) (72KB) : Re: Now with dents [Re: TOY ROBOT (Lilliput)] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now with dents [Re: TOY ROBOT (Lilliput)]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Apr 2009 18:07:46
Message: <49f77e32@news.povray.org>

> Very nice job, as usual, Jaime! I really like the dents, chipped paint,
> and heavy rust, as well as the great (I'm assuming) proceduralized
> textures.

   Thanks, but in this case I didn't use any procedural pattern, so I don't
know if that counts as proceduralizing... ;) ...I just used the material map
feature to mix the uv maps with a photo of rusted metal, something like:

   texture{
    uv_mapping
    material_map{
     png "rust_map" // b&w (2 indexes) image generated from the one below
     texture{pigment{image_map{jpeg "any_rust_photo.jpg"}}}
     texture{pigment{image_map{png "uv_map.png"}}}
    }
   }

> I'd maybe add a big dent in one or more corner(s) of the head box where
> some careless child has dropped him many times (as they tend to do,
> especially when battling Jedi knights or clone troopers or Klingons
> or...)

   I think I prefer Kenneth story on the post bellow: it doesn't involves any
further damage to the poor little robot... :)

--
Jaime