POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hotel crime scene : Re: Spotlights with photons (143KB) (Was: Hotel crime scene) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spotlights with photons (143KB) (Was: Hotel crime scene)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 25 Apr 2009 06:42:05
Message: <49f2e8fd$1@news.povray.org>

> refracting mirror?
>
> err, what I wanted to say was reflecting mirror and/or refracting glass
> cover.

   Yes, that was the idea: I modeled with Wings3D a simple reflector with a
simple cover glass. I put a light inside and adjusted the photons to reflect
only on the reflector, and to refract only on the glass (otherwise I was
getting spotty results). It works decently with just one spot, but for a
bunch of them you need a lot of patience.

   About the IES files, as I mentioned before, yes, I also remember someone
doing a patch or something to use them with POV-Ray... perhaps it was the
custom POV-Ray version from Dialux?

--
Jaime