POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fighting piracy on two fronts : Re: Fighting piracy on two fronts Server Time
29 Sep 2024 21:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fighting piracy on two fronts
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Apr 2009 22:39:53
Message: <49f277f9$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:13:23 -0600, somebody wrote:

> For the simple reason that I cannot see legalizing copyright
> infringement as part of a viable economic model, I can claim it's wrong
> to legalize it.

I am not advocating legalizing copyright infringement.  In fact I
personally own copyrights.

But leaving p2p networking technologies in place is not "legalizing"
anything.  You police what is shared, not the method by which it is
shared.

Driving up to someone's house and delivering a package isn't inherently
illegal.

Driving up to someone's house and delivering illegal drugs is.  But it's
not the driving up and delivering that's illegal, it's the content that
is being delivered that is illegal.

Or would you also advocate that people taking packages to other people's
houses should also be made illegal?

Jim