POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] The Blue Flower : Re: [WIP] The Blue Flower Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] The Blue Flower
From: Jim Charter
Date: 24 Apr 2009 15:59:18
Message: <49f21a16$1@news.povray.org>
Techically stunning, especially the lush grass matted with debris, the
accuracy of the tree species, even the sky.
Thematically I feel like the thought is there, the elements are orbiting
around but haven't come together quite yet. Compositionally, the
symmetry, with the ruin right in the center, perhaps calls for something
more pared down and stark, or else the lushness wants for less symmetry?
  The ruin, feels not quite right, something so destroyed, yet still
maintaining crucial details of wrought iron and archway.
That it is not overgrown in such a lush setting, and the flanking dead
trees are the tipoff to what you are aiming to say off course, but I
just don't quite feel that it has jelled into a total statement.

The strange coincedence of events around the cross with raven, for
instance, leaving the tree behind seem to float.