POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TOY ROBOT (Lilliput) (72KB) : Re: TOY ROBOT (Lilliput) (72KB) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TOY ROBOT (Lilliput) (72KB)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 24 Apr 2009 03:28:15
Message: <49f16a0f@news.povray.org>
Alain escribió:
> Nice work. Some dirt, scratch and rust and it will look old enough.

   Done. Finally I didn't bother to learn how to unwrap the mesh properly for
UV painting, so I just did a material_map to add the rust. It then has
abrupt changes on non-contiguous uv maps, but it's hardly noticeable.

> Also, some bit of blured reflection on the outside of the "hands".

   Now that you mention it, blurred reflections would be a nice addition, as
the scene is really fast to render and is asking for some extra features.

--
Jaime