POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fighting piracy on two fronts : Re: Fighting piracy on two fronts Server Time
29 Sep 2024 21:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fighting piracy on two fronts
From: scott
Date: 22 Apr 2009 06:36:09
Message: <49eef319$1@news.povray.org>
> Those few legitimate uses do not constitute a need.

Yes they do.

> Don't know or care about
> WoW, but I've never needed torrent, and I've downloaded several Linux
> distros.

Whoopeee for you :-)

I have mostly used torrents for downloading game demos.  Modern game demos
are HUGE, and nobody seems to want to host them for free, or if they do the
download speed is tiny.  Finding them as a torrent is easy, and then it
usually uses up 100% of my bandwidth so the download is done in no time.