POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2 asteroids: strange clippings : mesh2 asteroids: strange clippings Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  mesh2 asteroids: strange clippings
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 19 Apr 2009 16:09:38
Message: <49eb8502@news.povray.org>
High!

Meanwhile, I improved the 8bit grayscale "heightfields" of Deimos and
Phobos by using HLA to convert them into POV-Ray 16bit images and
blurred them slightly to get rid of the "greebled" look... then I
rendered both moons again and noticed portions being vertically cut off
(see attachments)! It can hardly be a matter of not enough RAM, as I
just recently installed another 1 GB, so that I now have 1536 MB (and
according to POV-Ray, the maximum memory used is about 650 MB)...
See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'deimos000.png' (59 KB) Download 'phobos004.png' (56 KB)

Preview of image 'deimos000.png'
deimos000.png

Preview of image 'phobos004.png'
phobos004.png