POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : generic human model--stand-in or place-holder : Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 16 Apr 2009 11:19:15
Message: <49e74c73$1@news.povray.org>
High!

clipka wrote:

> But no kidding actually: what kind of size system would *you* prefer to code
> your scenes in - one in which you can easily compute the next bigger or smaller
> scales by just moving around the decimal point, or one where you have to
> multiply/divide by 12, 3, and 1760, respectively?

With the Solar System project I'm currently working on, I was forced to
equal one POV unit to no less than 13347 kilometres - otherwise the
Kuiper Belt would have been outside the range of proper calculation. Too
bad that POV-Ray's current epsilon value covers only about 12 orders of
magnitude... now I won't be able to visualize small asteroids (below
about 600-metre radius), let alone most human-made structures on Earth!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar