POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : generic human model--stand-in or place-holder : Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generic human model--stand-in or place-holder
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 15 Apr 2009 15:41:05
Message: <49e63851$1@news.povray.org>
This is a long-time overdue, and important, well-done work which you have
done, Kenneth! I know of hundreds of uses for your invention in my scenes,
thanks again for your well-appreciated present!

Yes, it would be fine to have on top of your template file a list of
variables which can be changed by the user. Those variables would control
the angles of each joint.

I could imagine your template to be fully in gold or chrome, to symbolize an
advanced human robot. And that brings me to a next idea: make it possible
that individual parts of your template can hold different textures, also
specified on top of your template file. So if I want to use a special
texture for the face, I then can do that easily.

I (we) also need to know the exact dimensions. I assume the being stands at
the <0.0, 0.0, 0.0> point, right?

But how many units tall is he/she/it? Important to know for the correct
scaling to fit the scenes.

Thanks again for your wonderful work,

Sven