POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hotel crime scene : Re: Hotel crime scene Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hotel crime scene
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 15 Apr 2009 08:56:50
Message: <49e5d992@news.povray.org>
New version, with some of the comments addressed:

+ Ricky: The "focal blur is wrong" thing always happens to me... I need
perhaps to try Edouard camera macros. But also this time there was a sort of
visual confusion, because the police tape was not properly located.

+ Ricky: Oops... I forgot to switch area lights on!

+ Ricky: Yes, the blood was too red... now I applied filtering to the
image_map, so it looks a bit more like if it was soaking into the carpet.

+ Edouard: You really nailed it on the lighting... it's just too perfect. I
remember someone patching POV-Ray for IES sometime ago, but can't remember
the details... I always had on my to-do list an experiment about using a
realistic light fixture with photons to see if it gives the same effect
(specially on spots).

+ Edouard: You're right, the plants leaves are too dark, and I tried hard to
get them shiny, but failed... I think it's because they are receiving too
little direct light, due to the placement of the lights.

+ Clipka: yes, my storytelling scenes always involve blood... strange
(remember "Travieso"?).

+ somebody: No, it's not a running pose, it's a "disco-dancing" pose: there
was a party at room 13. :)

+ somebody: Around here exit signs are also red, but I've seen some green
too... anyhow, it was just the default exit sign from Chief Architect.

+ somebody: totally correct about the tape, it was badly placed, and yes, I
forgot to put another one at the other end of the corridor! ...I take note
for the next WIP, thanks!

+ Carlo: yes, it's a WIP, but no, the intention WAS to be photorealistic...
anyhow, somebody comments where more about the realism of the situation
rather than the realism of the image itself.

    Thanks to all for the comments!

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message